Kingdom Season 2 Review - Perfect Blend of Gory Action & Politics



Usually, I keep my expectations low when people are very hyped about a new series. However, that doesn't that I am not interested in watching it.  I kept my expectations low for the kingdom season 1 and to be honest; I am glad I did that it was better than what I was expecting.

 I lowered my expectations for season 2 as well and let me tell you it surpassed my expectations. Kingdom season 2  did what GOT failed to do; it developed the characters and had properly explored the reason behind the disease and why it happened? Unlike Got where night king is evil, just for the sake of being evil.  

The second season of kingdom-focused more on politics without making it boring since most characters are believable. The drama also perfectly used horror and action perfectly to get the audience's attention and kept them at the edge of their seats. This drama could have gotten on the same track as most zombie movies and shows follow, but I am glad that the creators didn't do that and followed the original source material carefully. 

Each episode in this drama delivered a cliff hanger that made me watch more and more, and eventually, I binge-watched it on a single day. The perfect balance of politics and zombie action made most non-zombie genre fans like me enjoy this one.

The cinematography in this drama is amazing, and it fits perfectly for the world this drama takes place and also the costumes and sets are good too. Overall kingdom season 2 is an amazing sequel to the promising season 1. 

My Rating: 4/5 

Comments